Daisy Ridley, the actress behind Rey, one of the main characters in the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is rising in stardom and we couldn’t be happier. This doll of a girl is not only an amazing actress, but she is also a wonderful person. Here are 10 facts you may not know about this young woman and role model.
- Daisy is the youngest of five children.
- One of those four siblings includes her twin sister.
- She can sing! See her sing Christmas songs on her Instagram page. She even lost a bet with JJ Abrams, where he challenged her to stop singing for a whole day.
- Daisy was working as a waitress while she was auditioning for her breakout Star Wars role.
- She got her first tattoo when she was 15! It’s a star on her foot.
- Her dog, Muffin, is blind and deaf.
- Daisy and John Boyega were pranksters together on the set of The Force Awakens, even to the point of stealing Harrison Ford’s golf cart!
- Daisy is going to start college in 2016. Despite the success of Star Wars, she feels a pull to continue her education.
- She loves BB8 just as much as we all do! She and her godfather teamed up and made a BB8 cake together.
- Daisy credits the movie Matilda as one of her inspirations to following her dreams. Mara Wilson, the star of Matilda, responded in happiness to the news.
Daisy seems to be just as adorable and relatable as we all hoped. Along with Jennifer Lawrence, we find her to be one of our favorite role models in Hollywood to date. If only we could all hang out together, now that would be a day to remember.
We’re looking forward to seeing what the next few years has in store for you Daisy Ridely! And I’ll probably be going to see Star Wars again, you know, for a third time.